Monday, March 28, 2005

Highs and Lows of the Week

This tends to be a very busy time of year. Not only is my birthday this week, but so is my younger sister's. When Easter happens to be during the same week we are really hopping, much to my dh's dismay his opportunities to watch March Madness become greatly reduced.
*******

Earlier this week I did my sisterly duty and agreed that we would have dinner at my parents house on my sister's birthday. Dh was much disgruntled since he had of course planned to watch the basketball games on tv. Actually, things went rather well at first. We made it all the way through dinner and birthday cake without hearing any pregnancy or baby comments. The worst part of the dinner was when my Mom asked if I wanted her to make dinner for me on my birthday too. Dh and I had already agreed to a quiet dinner out for my birthday. When I told my Mom this news she wasn't a bit happy. I think she believes that she should be included just because she gave birth to me on that day. Isn't that what the horrors of Mother's Day is all about?

Anyway, I knew the normalcy of the evening was too good to last. As we were finishing our slices of cake, one of my sister's friends arrived. Apparently, she had been told by my sister to get baby things for her birthday. Well, this friend was in BABY MODE, which I found interesting since she isn't married and I don't think she's wanting a baby. She was talking about how EVERYONE is expecting a baby. Then, there's a friend of hers who was experiencing a miscarriage. This friend has a nine month old, but she wasn't supposed to be able to get pregnant because she had used injectables for supposedly two years, so the friend isn't taking the miscarriage of the natural pregnancy well. Oh, and so and so's horse is pregnant. Yada, Yada, Yada, blah, blah, blah. Dh and I couldn't get our plates in the dishwasher and out of the door fast enough.

*******
We had planned on spending Easter at the beach, but the weather didn't cooperate. It was storming here! So, we decided that the lesser of two evils would be to spend Easter at the in-laws.

I was trying to come up with the perfect outfit for such a miserable event, which is a typical coping mechanism for me, when dh came into the room with a bag from Ann Taylor. He had chosen a dress of hot pink silk with tiny white polka dots, which he purchased while he was spending the weekend in Indianapolis with his brother a few weeks ago. He told me that it was an Easter/birthday present. I assume it was originally intended as a birthday gift, and I would have gotten it Wednesday, but he decided it could help me to survive Easter dinner. At least his family complimented me on the dress.

I was prepared to handle my two icy SILs by packing The Romanov Prophecy by Steve Berry and supplies to make flash cards for my Italian lessons. Amazingly, I didn't even get the opportunity to pull my things from my bag. For some reason, my SILs both spent more time talking to me than they did to one another, which is strange. M. has yet another dog, some kind of small white dog that isn't a poodle; a dog similar to one I have been ogling myself the last couple of weeks. Anyway, my point is that I survived Easter.
*******

AF arrived on Easter in the late afternoon, so there weren't any miracles for me. Since I had been told to call the RE's office in March, I did so this morning. I just received a call that due to the timing they want to wait one more cycle before starting me on bcps for IVF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home