Saturday, March 12, 2005

The Stupidest Statement a Pregnant Woman Can Make...

Or one of the stupidest statements anyway...

Why do pregnant women make comments about hoping they will deliver early before they are even considered full term?

I meant to post this long ago, but I've kind of been in hiding from blog land.

A month ago stupid Julie was at lunch, and she made a comment about how miserable she was and how she hoped she would deliver early. She got her wish. At her appointment that very afternoon, it was determined that she had pre-eclampsia. Julie was hospitalized immediately and she had the baby via c-section the next day. It didn't even weight five pounds. Amazingly, she and the baby are okay.

My sister, who is due in mid April, made the same kind of comments in January.

I can understand that the later stages of pregnancy must surely be uncomfortable. However, I just can't imagine why women who are only six months pregnant would wish to go early.

I think from now on I will tell them to be careful of what they wish for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home