Monday, November 22, 2004

Apparently, I Am Invisible

What a weekend... I spent Friday night chaperoning a middle school dance, which of course is always an enjoyable way to spend a Friday night, especially when you are an elementary teacher at a K-8 school. (Yeah, whatever!) It was especially fun when I was almost stepped on about a dozen times during the evening. Actually, stepped on would be an understatement. If I hadn't moved I would have been jumped on several times and a couple of events may have required an ambulance. Thank goodness I was paying attention. However, I tried to make excuses for those kids. Perhaps if it hadn't been so dark they would have seen me better, etc. Unfortunately, the trend continued when dh and I went to the new mall, um make that "Life Style Center," in our area. I can not tell you how many times I was almost run over both by Moms with baby carriages and some total idiots who just weren't paying a bit of attention to what they were doing.

I may be short, but I didn't realize I was invisible.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home