Sunday, October 17, 2004

Book: "Infertility Sucks" by Beverly Barna

This book partially explains my absence from blogging. I spent two afternoons after work devouring the book Infertility Sucks. I absolutely love this book and would recommend it to almost anyone who is exactly in my shoes right now. (Meaning not 100% convinced that you want to adopt, but sick of IF treatments too.)

Of course, I don't want to commit plagiarism or give away too much of the book. However, I will admit that I'm a bit dismayed to realize that many of my IF jokes that I have listed on boards over the last two and a half years are in this book! So much for thinking that I ever had any amount of originality before my brain became zapped by the fatigue of IF.


I'll admit that I am one of those people who could possibly be happy with a lifetime of outstanding experiences in place of adopting a child. However, keeping such a high is ultimately very expensive, and I would need a continual adrenaline rush from crazy life experiences to replace having a child. Teachers just don't make enough money to fulfill that need.

No wonder Beverly Barna adopts in the end, despite writing 137 pages about the advantages of living child-free. However, I will thank the publishing company for dedicating themselves to the project. I may have only had a few laughs from the book, but they were much needed ones. It can take a lot of effort to make IF funny.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dee said...

I read this book a few months ago and thought the same thing! Glad to know someone else enjoyed it. It was a quick read and when I was done I donated it to my Resolve support group. Hopefully, someone else can enjoy a few laughs in the midst of such struggle and pain.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home