Thursday, September 09, 2004

Official BFN for Gonal-F cycle #4

Yes, I received the official bad news today. Should I have expected anything else?

It's just not fair. I wanted this cycle to be successful so badly even though I knew the odds were stacked against me with my dominant follicle. I still had some hope though since I had my endo cleaned out in June. My due date would have been "perfect." (As if I care about that anymore, just let me have a healthy pregnancy.) Apparently, all of the luck in the world won't help me though. What am I saying? My sister got all of the luck in the ttc department for our family.

I've been at this long enough that even with all of my "challenges" I should have found success by now. I mean, if the average American woman finds success in 7 cycles with a 15% chance of success, then that would equal a 105% chance of success during the seven cycles.

So, if I add up the stats quoted for me by my RE, I should theoretically have already had my BFP....

3 Clomid only cycles @ 2% chance of success= 6%
3 Clomid IUI cycles @ 7% chance of success= 21%
4 Gonal F IUI cycles @ 20% chance of success = 80%
About 14 natural cycles @ 1% chance of success= 14%
I'm not counting time I was on bcps to eliminate cysts or "cycles" where I didn't ovulate.

So, according to the math there should have been a 121% chance that I would be pregnant by now. Numbers can lie.

6 Comments:

Blogger akeeyu said...

I'm so sorry, hon.

11:28 PM  
Blogger bethee said...

Thinking of you ... :)

6:11 AM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I'm very sorry, Jen. Do you know what you are going to do next?

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, I'm so sorry.
Hugs,
Soosh

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Jen. :(

karen/cheeky

5:54 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Jennifer ~ I'm am so very sorry. {{{{{HUGS}}}}

10:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home