Sunday, September 19, 2004

Ivan the Terrible

Hi everyone! The power was just finally turned on this afternoon! Everyone I know is okay and their homes are okay. However, there were many people in this county who weren't so lucky.
We drove 5 hours north to Birmingham to stay with friends during the storm.
The western side of Ivan's eye wall went over the city I live in. We have many large branches down and of course lost all of the food in the refrigerator and freezer. It appears that if the storm had lasted much longer it would have ripped the siding off of the house, since there are a couple of loose pieces. But, we are fine.
I will have to try to catch up with all of you. The schools will still be closed this week for repairs, but I have a ton of cleaning to do myself with all of the leaves and mud that have been tracked in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home