Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Summary of My TGIM Week

Yes, last weekend was so torturous that I actually found myself wanting to shout, "TGIM" when Monday rolled around. I would much rather be around other people's children who act as though I am their saving grace at school, instead of my relatives who never stop talking about pregnancy related topics.

For the most part I had a great week at school! The highlight was finding out that my field trip to take my students to see the opera Madame Butterfly was approved! Many of my students take violin lessons, and their instructor will be playing with the orchestra, so they are excited. Somehow, I have managed to instill a love of music amongst even some of my most "rough and tumble" boy students. (Although they wouldn't admit that to their peers who don't visit my classroom.) Our trip is October 19.

There was a distressing moment during the week with stupid Julie, however. I've heard her for weeks talking about how she is going to have her husband take her out to eat to at the Outback to celebrate when they find out the sex of the baby. Anyway, I had to hear all about the baby being a boy. I can understand being excited and wanting to know the sex of a baby. However, I've just never seen the point in being so overly excited about a child being one sex or the other, especially if its a first baby. After all, the child is going to, hopefully, be either a boy or a girl. And let's hope she wouldn't have gone and had an abortion if it hadn't been a boy.

This weekend my dh and I went up to Auburn for the homecoming game against LA Tech. One of his cousins called whom he hasn't seen in years. We met his cousing and is dw before the game to eat wings, and I must say it was absolutely refreshing to talk with a couple who has a two year old, while they were absolutely capable of discussing other topics as well. Perhaps it helps that they are engineers, and can't get away with talking about their kids all day long. Anyway, we ended up enjoying our Saturday, which was well needed after last weekend with my family.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

TTCNumber1 says:

I'm glad you had a good week, Jennifer. You needed it.

Hugs!
Kellie

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home