Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Playing with Balls: Take Two

So, dh decided that he wanted to make an appt with a urologist that our RE actually recommends. Never mind the fact that I suggested this about 8 months ago. It's sad when your husband is so depressed about our failed efforts at ttc that he volunteers to go have yet another man "manhandle" his equipment.

I can only imagine how awkward the call to the new drs office must have been...

Dh, "Yes, I'd like to make an appt with Dr. XYZ."

Receptionist, "Are you a patient?"

Dh, "No, but you see my wife and I are having fertility issues. I've seen a different urologist in the past. However, I'm hoping Dr. XYZ will have more expertise in the varicocele department."

Pause while the receptionist considers all of the possibilities of booking one of those desperate infertile people. I can see the dollar signs rolling in her eyes.

Dh, "So, perhaps I should ask how Dr. XYZ diagnoses varicoceles. Does he perform actual tests, or just depend on his experience with visual and tactile identification."

Receptionist, "Dr. XYZ is the only one in our office who will do... blah blah blah blah blah..."

Dh, "Oh great! I'm really looking forward to one of those cold u/s machines exploring my nether regions. How soon can I book?"

Receptionist, "Oh, well Dr. XYZ is in such high demand. How does February 15 sound? At 10 a.m."

Dh, "I'm sorry, but that just won't do. You see, I traveal a lot for buisness and I just don't know if I'll be in town that far in advance. Plus, our last box of Gonal-F expires in February. Let me call Dr. Phil Meup to see how his schedule looks."

The receptionist breaks out into a cold sweat... "Wait! Maybe I can squeeze you in on November 23. How does 9:30 sound?"

Dh, "I'll be there with bells on! Wahoo! Make sure Dr. XYZ has had a manicure before hand. My wife has soft hands, and callouses just won't do. I can't risk chaffing you know."

Great! There's nothing like picturing yet another man in my husband's pants. That's even worse than thinking about him jacking off to girly magazines before IUIs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home