Sunday, November 07, 2004

Long Time No Post

Well, I've actually been trying to post the last few days, but it's been so long since I lasted posted that I had forgotten my user name and password.

I found out about a tragedy amongst my "local" fertile friends during the past week. Dh and I have been friends with another married couple, K&E for a long time, actually since before either of us found out about our fertility issues. We used to go out together frequently, and once we even met up in Tennessee to go white water rafting together.

Unfortunately, K&E had their own fertility issues. They were able to get pregnant, apparently without much difficulty, but they could never stay pregnant. A known issue was that K had a bicornate uterus. K&E suffered much heart break after suffering yet one miscarriage after another.

Sadly, K also had issues with being underpaid by her nursing job at the local hospital. Eventually, she accepted a position as a traveling nurse which resulted in her spending three months at a time working in California, while E was left home alone. It was a sad situation, but K was earning $50 an hour as a traveling nurse, and she rationalized the time she spent away by reminding herself that she couldn't have children.

After a while, dh and I were doing well to see K&E twice a year. Usually they would come to the Mardi Gras ball for dh's organization, and then we managed to see them once in the summer.

Well, E called dh last week and told him that K had asked her for a divorce. I was just in shock! Seriously, K&E both seemed so suited for another in a witty, intelligent, humerous sort of way. I absolutely adored them as a couple, and felt completely at ease.

Dh and I have seen E a couple of times in the past week. I regret to say that he has no idea where K is even at. Also, K has "custody" of their two cats. I can only imagine how lonely E is feeling. Still, he was left to pack up some of K's things this weekend to send up to her aunt in Birmingham, who is going to then send them to K.

One of the nurses at my RE's office has tried to forewarn me not to get to depressed amidst all of this IF hulla balloo. I realize that K&E had other issues with K working a traveling job. However, it is still an eye opener when a fellow IF couple has parted ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home