Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Still Here

Well, my appts have finally been made up. Actually, my drs. appt. was shockingly brief, and hardly worth having to take half a day off of work. My weight and blood pressure were checked and the baby's heart rate was measured by doppler. (153!) The heart beats were much clearer this time. I also finally know what my blood type is, since I remembered to ask for my test results. (O+) My big u/s is scheduled for 10/5, and dh is actually going to take off to go to this one. (Since he just started a new job I was afraid it wouldn't be a possibility for him to come.)

Things have been really busy at work. Twelve new students were placed into my program this week, and I've hardly had a chance to stop and catch my breath. Fortunately I am not expecting many more new students, so I hope I will finally get to settle into a routine soon.

The school I teach at has received two student teachers from New Orleans. I remember how frustrating it was to pay for student teaching and then be left to work full time for free for 3+ months. I can't imagine how hard it must be to work through such a situation when you know you've lost everything that you didn't take with you when evacuating. Somehow, one of the student teachers at our school doesn't even have a drivers license, which I find to be a bit of a concern for student safety. (At least she seems nice.)

I've spent the last couple of days wondering what happened to the Audubon Zoo in New Orleans, but I haven't had a chance until tonight to get online to investigate. I knew that most of the animals in the aquarium perished when the generators died, leaving their habitats unsupported. Fortunately, the sea dragons were saved. However, amazingly the zoo is okay! Only two otters and a raccoon died in the storm. My horomones have got to have a lot to do with why I have been crying after reading the good news. My goodness, I am weepy.(http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2005/09/0909_050909_orleans_zoo_2.html)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home