Monday, August 15, 2005

Someone Noticed My Belly Today

Yes, I'm twelve weeks today, and this afternoon someone noticed that I'm pregnant. Actually someone is the Mom of one of the students who I have taught for the last four years, so she knows me quite well. However, isn't it supposed to be a big deal when someone finally notices?

Actually, it was rather awkward. I could tell that she was a bit nervous that I had just let myself get fat over the summer. This Mom basically pointed at my belly and asked, "So, what's that." An interesting way of phrasing things. Since I was only carrying my lunch bag, purse, and a clipboard, I was fairly certain she was in fact pointed at my "bump." She is the first person who has both noticed and been brave enough to say anything.

She wondered why her son hadn't come home and said anything, since he was so excited to hear the news that his 3rd grade teacher was pregnant last year. I actually haven't told any of my students. For starters, this is only the second week of school, and I didn't start pulling my students until today. I haven't even really had a chance to share my news with my students. Anyway, I didn't want to hit them with the announcement their very first week back in my class.

So, it appears that I'll be sharing the news soon. I at least wanted to wait to tell them until the first trimester was over, so next week will be okay. Yikes! I wonder how it will go over.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home