Tuesday, July 19, 2005

So Far, So Good *Knock On Wood*

Well, I have somewhat fallen off the face of the blogosphere while my dh was between his two jobs, resembling the closest thing to a vacation he will have gotten this summer.

We were very fortunate that Hurricane Dennis struck to the east of us, not that I really would want any area to suffer from a severe hurricane. The good news was that the storm diminished significantly before making landfall east of Pensacola. All we had to do to clean up some limbs that had blown down from the pecan trees.

My u/s was on Tuesday, July 12 as scheduled. Everything went really well! We could see the embryo's heart beating as soon as the u/s began, and it was measuring at 141 beats per minute. We even got to hear the heart beat, which was really cool! I hadn't realized that was even possible.

The u/s took place when I was seven weeks, and the embryo measured 7w1d, with a possible error of measurement of +/- 2 days. The tech also took a look at my ovaries, which are huge. They each apparently have a corpus luteum cyst on them. Actually there were two on my right ovary and just a single huge on the left, which appeared to be the size my ovaries normally are. I was asked if I had been suffering any pain on my left side as a result, but I really hadn't noticed.

When I got dressed, dh and I exited the u/s room to find my RE and everyone from the office in the hallway congratulating us. I never thought I would experience that moment. It was actually a bit shocking, since I was being released from the RE so that my OB/GYN can continue to monitor the pregnancy from here. As much as I hated the long drive to the RE's office, I actually shed a couple of tears that I wouldn't be seeing some of the people in the office any longer. I know it's crazy. I guess it's just hard to contemplate moving on after working with them for over two and a half years.

Tomorrow I go to my OB/GYN's office for an u/s to get a baseline measurement of my cervix. I was relieved to hear that my dr remembers that she really needs to keep track of that after my LEEP and cone biopsy. However, my first full-blown OB appt will not take place until 8/4, which is the day before I have to return to school for teacher workdays.

I can't believe the summer is almost over, and it has been completely consumed by IVF.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations, jen. i can't imagine how happy you are! it's great news.

karen

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Jen!

I'm so happy for you! You so deserve this.

Tanya in CA

1:02 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations Jen!! I'm so happy for you. It's been a long time coming. {{{{HUGS}}}}

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home