Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The Early Days of a BFP

Things have certainly been exciting the last 4 days since we found out our first beta was positive. Dh and I have told both sets of our parents, who are both guardedly optimistic at this time. We also told our brothers and sisters, and some of them seem incredibly excited even though we warned them that it is still very early.

At first I was very wary of telling anyone besides our immediate families, but then we decided that most likely this will be our only pregnancy. We need to try to enjoy it for as long as it lasts. So, we told our closest friends; the chosen few who have listened to us whine and cry about IF all of these years.

We told another couple who shared the story of their IVF journey 18 years ago with us quite some time ago. They went to the same dr that dh and I have been working with, and conceived on their first FET after their first IVF. I will say it is amazing to hear how different IVF was then as opposed to now. OMG, they were in tears with joy and happiness. I never knew they were such emotional people.

As I said earlier, it's still very early and I'm only 5 weeks today. My beta results yesterday weren't as good as we had hoped. They were only 961. If they had doubled every two days,which is ideal, they should have been 1161. So, I have to go in for more b/w on Friday. The good news is that the levels are still going up. They rose 82%. According to the other dr in the practice, if they rise more than 66%, then there is an 85% chance that things are going to be okay.

The bad news is that another gifted teacher from my district was in the waiting room at the RE's office yesterday. Since the labe was behind, I had to wait in the waiting room for over an hour before my blood was drawn. Which of course meant that I was left having to make small talk with the gifted teacher who ended up seated right beside me in the very cramped waiting room, with her mother and toddler in tow.

So, I have to wait four days for more news. At this point, I can only hope that the levels rise enough on Friday for things to be okay.
__________________________________________________

My exciting find of the day:

Olive oil on a paper towel will in fact remove the sticky gray residue that estrogen patches leave behind. In fact, only minimal rubbing is necessary. It's just wierd for your body to smell like something you cook with until you get a chance to wash it off.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, glad the olive oil trick worked :-) I know you will have another great beta on Friday, try not to get too wrapped in the numbers, there are plenty of other things to obsess over during this pregnancy :-) Wishing you luck!

Lindsay

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home