Monday, June 20, 2005

4 More PIO Shots

Yes, somehow I will get through the next 4 PIO shots before my beta. I've run out of fresh surface area in the appropriate zone for the shots, so last night dh had to go for the least lumpy area.

Well, now I've got a visibly raised bump on top of my lumps. My skin is red throughout the injection zone, resembling raw meat. It's really gross.

I've been awakened the last three or four days by intense cramps in my belly, which is the only thing giving me a glimmer of hope. Surely these nasty PIO shots would be holding off the AF symptoms.

Friday seems a long way away.

2 Comments:

Blogger JennaM said...

Is there nothing they can give you topically (cortisone cream? Aspercreme?)?? Jeez. It sounds really shitty. Sorry. I hope you'll have a good reason to forget all about it come week's end!

11:47 AM  
Blogger TigerJen said...

There's a very limited list of meds that I'm allowed to take if I really need to should various situations arise. However, the only suggestions the nurses at my REs office has are ice and a heating pad.

1:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home