Saturday, June 04, 2005

Things Are Looking Better for IVF

I guess my u/s went okay today. My left ovary was playing peek-a-boo AGAIN, as usual. One of the drs in the practice did the scan this morning, and he was very persistant. I thought I was going to die when he was scanning my left ovary, and couldn't pay attention at all. Fortunately dh was there, and he was taking notes!

Sixteen follicles were measured. Out of those I think there is hope that eight to ten will possibly have good eggs. Some of the others will be over-mature by retrieval, and others probably won't be mature. According to dh there were some other follicles which were smaller and not measured.

Supposedly the dr who did the scan spoke with my dr, and they both think things are "progressing nicely." I go in Sunday morning for another scan.

I am told that it looks like retrieval will be Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home