Monday, May 23, 2005

Thank Goodness, the Antibiotics Are Finished!!!

I've finished another step in the process by completing my ten day course of doxycycline, and not a day too soon. I was really starting to experience some side effects such as stomach cramping. Since endometriosis and IBS all too often occur together for patients, I was starting to get worried. Thank goodness dh was level-headed enough to remind me that it was probably the antibiotics.

So, for a few days I'm only on Lupron. I have an assortment of tiny bruises all over my legs from those shots, as if I was plagued by an assortment of small insects. I've woken up once or twice each night because of night sweats, and suffered from some mild headaches. Fortunately, the side effects haven't been nearly as bad as when I was on Lupron for endometriosis.

Friday morning is my baseline ultrasound. So, I only have a few more days to go before I find out whether or not we can begin.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pamplemousse said...

Good luck on Friday! May you be cyst free and ready to rock and roll.

10:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck!
I know the pain of infertility and I can relate to how you feel.
I'm also an endometriosis veteran and went through years of pain and infertility. In June 2004 I had a lap and was finally diagnosed with stage III endo. After it was removed I went through 3 months of lupron and was able to become pregnant "naturally" in November 2004. Our baby boy is due in August.
All I can say is that I wish you the best of luck.

2:12 PM  
Blogger TigerJen said...

Thank you ladies! I did get to start stims last night. I will post on that soon.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home