Sunday, April 17, 2005

So, I'm Now an Aunt

My niece arrived at 4:00 p.m. yesterday. Nobody bothered to call and let us know. We called my BIL after dinner last night to see what was going on. We assume that my sister and niece are both okay, since we weren't told otherwise.

What really made me upset was that when we got home there was a message on our answering machine from my BIL's mother, who is the children's minister at the church I went to as a child. She basically sounded like she was sad and asked me to call her so we could talk, which wouldn't be so out of the ordinary since BIL was one of my dh's best friends before he married my sister.

However, I do not want to talk to her. I don't want to hear anything about how concerned my parents supposedly are about me, or how they felt like I needed to talk to someone. I also don't want to hear half a dozen breederisms, or about God's timing, or any of that other assorted malarkey. Hearing the stories about people in the Bible who were barren and later blessed with children straight from God will not help me feel any better at this point. I also don't want to hear anything about how concerned my parents supposedly are about me, or how they felt like I needed to talk to someone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home