Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Fertilization Report

My IVF retrieval was yesterday. I was told that 14 mature eggs were retrieved. The retrieval took about 20 minutes. I did experience some cramping and a sore bottom.

This morning I received a call from the embryologist who told me that 11 eggs fertilized. I'm so over-emotional that I cried tears of joy. My husband couldn't understand why I was crying when I called him with the news, and he was afraid that the embryologist had said something that upset me. I had a difficult time convincing him that things were in fact fine.

The embryologist will call me with another update in the morning. I suppose I will hear how the embryos are graded then. The poor things! They are so tiny and they are already being submitted to their first test.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GOod luck embies!!! Good luck embies!!!

Am thinking about you, all the time, Jen!!!

Karen/Naked ovary

3:56 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I am thinking about you too, Jen. I hope you got a load of healthy embies!

Carrie

6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home