Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Today's Great Adventure [/sarcasm]

After spending the last four days in my pajamas following the embryo transfer, I decided to do something drastic today. Yes ladies, I got dressed. In fact, I even bent over a bit to shave my legs. *gasp*

You may wonder why its taken this long to try to return to the land of the living? I have a one word answer: bloating. I have stepped on the scale daily. Some days I'm up a pound and others I'm down a pound. So, I don't suppose I have any serious signs of OHSS going on. However, I basically look as though I just finished getting pumped full of gas for a laparoscopy.
(This would actually be an improvement over my head to toe outbreak of hives on Thursday.)

As a result, I had to dig deep into my closet and pull out my overall shorts. I'll admit this isn't fancy dressing, and I rarely wear them. Amazingly, there's not a lot of leftover room. I used to be able to pull these things off and on without unbuttoning the sides. That's not happening.

After managing the amazing feat of getting dressed and drying my hair all before 2:00 p.m. I decided that maybe, just maybe, I would dare a public appearance. So, I made a run to the grocery store to pick up the ingredients for a low fat blueberry poundcake and some low sodium chili. I've become a bit bored with eating nothing but meat and rice. Hey, I don't really even like meat all that much. This high protein low carb IVF diet is killing me. Even though I'm bloated, I might actually be losing weight.

I was really tempted to drive to the grocery store with the pregnant lady parking places. After all, at this very moment I could be as pregnant as I will ever be. Yet, I decided not to tempt fate and stayed far, far away from the preggo spaces by going to my usual grocery store. While waddling around the store I almost felt like a pregnant woman, although it's probably just from that fluid spotted on e/t day hanging around in my cul-de-sac. (Ladies, I must go try to figure out where this region of the body is.) At least it gave me some hope to cling to for the next few days. It's a different feeling, but maybe those estrogen patches are just playing tricks on my mind.

Tonight dh rushed home to give me my PIA shot, oops I meant PIO, before attending his Mardi Gras association's meeting. Poor guy is so excited that he's going to get to smoke a very special cigar that he's been holding onto for weeks. (He rarely indulges in tobacco, maybe twice a year.) I informed him that under no uncertain terms was he to smoke anything prior to his big effort on retrieval day.

Since he's eating dinner at this meeting, and it doesn't seem that any restaurant understands the concept of a low sodium diet, I made my chili tonight. It's not as good as usual for some reason. Maybe I didn't put as much effort into it waddling around with the knots on my hips from the progesterone.

On a side note I decided to name my embies: Stacey and Bellah. That probably makes me a freak. Yeah, I talk to the embies too. I like to tell them about all of the wonderful things they will get to do if they will just stick around. Grandma and Grandpa just moved into a house with a pool and an empty stable with a huge fenced in area. Since their only grandchild is now 19 years old and nothing about a trouble maker, I think Stacey and/or Bellah would be spoiled rotten.

If Stacey and Bellah will just stick around...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennifer,

I think it's neat that you named your embies. After all, for all intents and purposes you are pg until proven otherwise. I like the positive thinking... talking to them and that kind of stuff.

The cul-de-sac isthe area between the uterus and the rectum. usually there is not much there, but when you have fluid in your pelvis, that is one of the main areas that the fluid collects.

Good luck

Kellie

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home