Thursday, June 09, 2005

Grading My Poor Embryos

*sigh* I kept waiting this morning for the embryologist to call me. 10:00 a.m. came and left, so I just knew that I would get a call any time. 10:30 rolled around. Still no call.

At 11:15 a.m. the phone rang. It was just dh. He asked if there had been any word. I told him I hadn't heard anything and I was getting worried.

Finally, at 11:55 a.m. I heard from the embryologist's assistant. Out of our 11 embryos...

  • 2 stopped growing completely
  • 2 have more than one multinucleated cell and are definitely abnormal
  • 2 have one multinucleated cell and are on watch in hopes they will fix themselves. They will not be used for transfer.
  • 1 embryo is 4 cell category 4+ (the best at my clinic is a category 5)
  • 1 embryo is a 5 cell category 4
  • 1 embryo is a 4 cell category 3+ (getting more fragmented than the drs office likes)
  • 2 embryos are 3 cell category 3

So, I am disappointed. We do have two good looking embryos to transfer tomorrow should they continue to grow. The other three would need to be "cleaned up" via assisted hatching to remove excessive fragmentation that could prevent the embryo from every reaching blastocyst stage. The possibility of having some embryos to freeze is looking grim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home