Saturday, June 25, 2005

Finally! A BFP!

Yesterdays beta result was 387! I am in shock.

T and I were in Smokey Bones, a BBQ restaurant, having lunch when the call came. I answered rather hesitantly, but figured I've played this beta game 7 times before with IUIs. I hoped that I could "suck it up" and be a big girl if the news was once again bad.

The call was from the nurse IVF coordinator, and it began a little differently from my previous calls. The first few seconds I didn't even breathe, wondering if the difference was only that the news was coming from a different person after a more expensive and intense procedure.

Then, the nurse asked, "Did you cheat?"

I adamently told her that in fact, I did not use an hpt. I was too much of a wimp, afraid of seeing no line or only a faint one.

Then she told me, "You are very pregnant. Your beta result was 387. There is a possibility of twins."

I return on Monday to see if the numbers are rising, and if that result is good then an u/s will be scheduled. I am barely over 4 weeks, so it is still so early. However, it is amazing that we have made it this far.

The rest of the afternoon resulted in a hectic rush. I hadn't reordered my meds, and I was out of estrogen patches. My progesterone is a compounded cottonseed variety, and it had to be reordered Friday to be ready on Monday, since I will be out after Sunday night's injection.

So right now I'm just trying to stay calm and hope that things still look good on Monday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Jen! What awesome news!

Karen

8:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome awesome news Jennifer.

Keep us updated.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!

Lindsay

10:09 AM  
Blogger JennaM said...

Yay! A hundred times Yay!

3:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay Jen! I'm so happy for you!

Hugs,

Tanya from CA

12:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home