Saturday, July 09, 2005

Hurricane Dennis

I've been nervously watching Hurricane Dennis's path for the past several days. Hurricane Ivan made landfall in the county where I live last year, and I just can't believe we could be enduring this again less than ten months later.

My first u/s is scheduled for Tuesday, July 12, and I have been anxiously waiting to find out whether or not we will see the heartbeat. This has been a long wait for dh and I. We had to wait a year before ttc due to my d/x of carcinoma in situ. Before that year was quite over, I was in a lot of pain daily, so my OB/GYN decided to do a lap. I was diagnosed with endo and placed on six months of Lupron. Then we spent more than three years actively ttc, and during that time we did 7 IUIs before progressing to IVF.

My dh tells people we were ttc for 5 years. There is some truth to that, since we were wanting a baby before my health crisis. However, I have always chosen to just focus on the years we were allowed to actively try.

After all of this, and now a hurricane has to pop up to possibly delay my u/s.

I'm tired of waiting.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen -

Hoping for your safety!

Tanya from the LD's

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home