Sunday, July 03, 2005

What You Shouldn't See In the RE's Office

OMG, Friday when I returned to the RE for my third beta I walked into the door to a very shocking sight. Honestly, at first I thought I was in the wrong drs office.

I had two reactions that were almost immediate. I wanted to turn around and walk out of the drs office. I also was nanoseconds away from shouting, "OMG!!!" with a bit of profanity mixed in.

Things like this should never occur in an RE's office.

I walked in to see a VERY pregnant woman sitting on the loveseat with a cheap pink tank top pulled all the way up over her very round belly. Another woman, about her age, was sitting beside her on the loveseat rubbing, make that massaging, her belly as the pregnant woman seemed to moan with pleasure. One of the two had a seven year old boy with them who was sitting in an adjacent row of seats.

There were two other patients in the office whose eyes were a bit more averted from the other patients than is normal. They were obviously disturbed by the scene.

I grabbed the very first magazine that I could get my hands on. It could have been a copy of "Field and Stream" and that would have been just fine. Anything was preferable to the sight in front of me. I've never buried my face deeper into a magazine or held one higher, but nothing could block out the noise.

I sat in the waiting room just seething. I really wanted to storm back into the office to talk with the ladies behind the front desk to find out if they were aware of the display in the office. Or maybe shout at the two women, "You do realize that this is an INFERTILITY clinic. Please show some discretion." Before my IVF cycle I honestly probably would not have hesitated to have done both. However, on Friday, after a marginal rise on a second beta, I was leary and afraid all I would do was bring myself bad luck by being rude to a pregnant lady.

Thankfully, I only had to wait fifteen minutes before the lab called me back to have my blood drawn. Of course, the two women stopped their antics whenever the employees opened the door to the waiting room to call people back.

Some people have no sense of decency.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home