Monday, August 01, 2005

I Won't Be a Baby Story Addict

Well, today I got brave and watched one of those baby shows on either TLC or DHC. Actually one channel was showing something along the lines of "A Baby Story" and the other was showing "An Adoption Story" at the same time.

I dared to watch one of the shows since, according to the information for the program, it was about a couple who was having their first baby. I totally can't picture myself spending a lot of time watching these shows. From what I hear other pregnant women saying, I'm in the minority. Maybe I just watched a really bad episode. You see, when it came time for the couple to have the baby the Dad-to-be just had a goofy look on his face. He didn't appear loving or sympathetic at all, and his odd grins looked nothing like the "I'm about to be a Dad" type. In fact, at one point he put his arm in front of his mouth and I think he was actually laughing at his wife's predicament. I found myself wishing that I could have been there to slap the smile off his face.

I had more ironing to do, and there was really nothing on. I was too lazy to bother with putting in a DVD. So, I watched "An Adoption Story" next. Honestly, I felt more in touch with the infertile couple who was adopting, as though I could understand a lot of their emotions. It was interesting to listen to them explain how freaked out they originally were at the thought of an open adoption, but at the end they wouldn't have had it any other way.

So, I suppose I'll freak out the teachers on campus by not being "A Baby Story" addict. Some days last year that's all the conversation at the lunch table seemed to be about. Well, that stops here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

OMGosh! You just reminded me of a funny Baby Story. I don't remember the couples name, but the mom was screaming the whole time she was delivering and the doctor told her to please quiet down. While the mom was doing that, the dad said something like, "Honey I don't feel to good." Then he fainted. When the mom finally delivered someone was helping the dad see his wife and baby and his cap was hanging off his head. It really was a funny one. :)

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home