Monday, July 25, 2005

Second Ultrasound and Random Thoughts on Pregnancy After Infertility

My OB did a 2nd u/s to measure my cervical length last week, since the u/s at my RE's office did not do so. This is a very real concern since I've had a LEEP and a cone biopsy. Fortunately, I am told that things looked great. The baby is still measuring right on target and had a h/b of 163.

Today I am 9 weeks pregnant. I had to go buy some granny style pants with drawstrings and elastic waists yesterday, because most of my clothes are not fitting. At least the pants were on sale. I've only gained two or three pounds! I'm in shock because I read everywhere that I'm not supposed to be showing yet, but I definitely have a pooch. I'm blaming it all on the extra hormones from the PIO shots and estrogen patches.

I'm still suffering some IF issues. I'm rather aggravated by how some people are so much more interested in my dh and I now that we are pregnant. We really could have used the support from these individuals during some of the dark times when we felt very bitter about the fact that we were having to try so hard for a family.

For example, my own mother didn't bother to research IVF until I was in the second week of the 2ww post-retrieval. Then, she would come trotting over to share the tidbits of information that she had apparently gleaned from blogs. Fortunately it didn't sound as though she revered any of the blogs I have frequented, but I thought she would have had the sense to use a more medically oriented site for one of her sole sources of IVF info. Now she has gotten into the habit of popping by every afternoon after work to share unwanted tidbits of pregnancy advice from 30 years ago. I guess I should just be glad that I'm finally getting some attention, since my sister got my parents undivided attention during her pregnancy, even though dh and I had been ttc for three years. They were very insensitive about the whole situation.

The other thing that has aggravated me is that some of the other young couples from Church are suddenly more interested in us now that we are finally knocked up. Two couples have called and actually want to go out to dinner with us. It's amazing that they couldn't find anything to talk to us about before our bfp.

I don't want to continue being bitter, and I want to move on with our lives. It's just impossible to pretend that the pain over the last three plus years never happened. Most of the time I do feel better, and I think it's best for the baby for me to try to stay as positive as possible. Maybe I'll be more able to bask in the pregnancy glow when I finally reach the second trimester. After all, I'm only 9 weeks today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home