Friday, August 12, 2005

Are Clomid Babies "Miracles?"

Yes, I still spend some time frequenting message boards. And lately I've been a little irritated by posts with signatures indicating that ladies are pregnant with "miracle clomid babies." I even saw one poster who indicated she was pregnant with her 4th clomid miracle baby, which doesn't sound incredibly out of the ordinary to me.

Of course, I've learned through my long IF journey that all babies are in fact miracles. I am just left to wonder why Clomid users are so melodramatic. There's nothing like hearing someone whine about how they are on their second cycle of Clomid. In my opinion, those ladies need to stop and think. What about ladies who have done several cycles of injectables? Or ladies who have done multiple IVFs without success... It seems as though the Clomid users don't stop and think about the reality of their situations: they were incredibly fortunate not to be left moving on up the IF ladder. And, *gasp*, God forbid, what if they had needed an IUI? I'm so tempted to ask some of these ladies about the "what ifs." I'd love to tell them about the set up of an IVF injection class, and all of the effort involved. To me, the women with the "Clomid miracles" seem really fortunate to have only needed Clomid, which seems rather low tech to me.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tend to think of Miracles in financial terms. Weird, I know, but that's me. Clomid is $75, IUIs with injectables about $1500, and IVF $14000. So, perhaps Clomid babies are a miracle but they are garden variety miracles. I suppose it really can be a miracle for someone that doesn't ovulate, though.

1:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home