Friday, March 31, 2006

Starting a New Year As a Mom

My birthday was yesterday. It's hard to believe how quickly the last year of my life has passed, totally encompassed by IVF, pregnancy, and healing. Dh wanted to take me out last night, but I informed him that I wanted to spend this birthday with my daughter: every moment of it. Since her pediatrician recommended not taking her around large crowds until she is two months old, we can't take her out yet, at least not to most places. I took the time to do some yoga yesterday during Anastasia's naptime instead of cleaning. It's amazing how stiff my body has become after a year of being afraid to exercise. I sure felt it today. Anyway, dh and I are going out tonight.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jen!

Glad to see that you're doing some "little" things for yourself. I hope that Anastasia is doing great!

Tanya (from cali)

2:20 PM  
Blogger hope548 said...

I don't know if you still check this because you haven't posted lately. I'm sure you're busy being the mother to a very sweet daughter. I just found your blog today and wanted to say congratulations on your success. I read over several of your earlier posts and found so many similarities to my situation. My husband and I are coming up on our 9 year anniversary and we've been trying for almost 4 years. We've been through several treatments, but not IVF. Just wanted to say congrats from someone who knows the pain you've been through!

11:06 AM  
Blogger TigerJen said...

Hope,

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I had considered pulling my blog after having Anastasia, especially since most of the comments that I get are spam. Now I'm glad I didn't act so brashly.

12:16 PM  
Blogger hope548 said...

Well I'm glad that you didn't pull it. I found it doing a google blog search on infertility. If other people find it and read it, it may provide validation and comfort. Incidentally I just had surgery to remove an ectopic pregnancy on May 12. I'm viewing it as a small success, as it happened without treatments and we've never conceived before. I'm hoping for some more luck, but in the right place next time! Have a great weekend!

Also, you might consider enabling the word verification so that you don't get so much spam.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home