Sunday, October 30, 2005

October Update: A Crib Crisis

Dh and I have spent a lot of time the last two weeks trying to do something to turn our room filled with random odds and ends into a nursery. The crib set is on its way, and I already have a few accessories to match the crib set, including curtains, a Diaper Genie cover, and border. I have chosen a mobile, since the one that matches the crib set is rather dull, and the mobile should be here soon. Hopefully it will match as well as I am thinking it will.

Dh and I even went over to Babies R Us over a week ago to pick out a crib and dresser/changing table. We actually managed to agree on one that would best suit our needs. The problem is, none of the furniture items are in the warehouse, and apparently you can't order something that's not in the warehouse. As a matter of fact, the assistant manager told us that there are almost no cribs in the warehouse at all. I was really frustrated by the whole experience, because it appeared that I knew more about cribs than the store employees. Dh and I want a convertible crib, and we had to explain that we knew the converter rails were special order items and did not come with the crib. It took a while to get the employees to understand.

I have been very frustrated by this turn of events. I'm ready to get the nursery together, and I feel as though we can't make much more progress, other than painting the walls, until we have the furniture. Dh is trying to tell me not to panic. He reminds me that Anastasia isn't due for four more months. Yet, I worry that she might come earlier than expected.

Dh called Wednesday night, and was told there are still no more cribs available. He tried to call for two hours on Friday, until he finally went to the store out of frustration. He informed two employees, one being the manager, that the phone was off the hook. They didn't believe him until the store manager tried to call the store from her cell phone. Yes, we're working with geniuses.

The manager, upon looking into our crib crisis, informed dh that crib we are interested in is not expected in the warehouse before Thanksgiving. She told him that we will need to call the store every day after Thanksgiving so that one can be ordered as soon as they make it into the warehouse. Let's hope the employees can actually manage to keep the phone on the hook.

There are two other stores in the area that dh and I should go look at. One is described as being smaller and more upscale, but it keeps crazy hours and will be very hard for dh and I to visit with our schedules. The other store is in an area dh and I seldom frequent, but we should be able to get over there and check out the baby furniture.

I'm just so frustrated! I feel like I had to work so hard just to get pregnant with this baby. I was often depressed as we experienced one failed cycle after another. Now we're having to work just as hard for a crib, and I find myself getting depressed all over again. I just want the perfect crib for our baby. Is that too much to ask for after having gone through IVF to get her?

On a happy note: dh and I have settled on Noelle as Anastasia's middle name. So, her initials will be ANN. I think it's kind of cute, and very alliterative. I love our little princess already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home