Tuesday, January 31, 2006

36 weeks

Well, my 36 week appt was a bit shocking. I was dreading my first internal exam to check the baby's progress. I didn't expect that the appt would resemble a scene from ER. The appt began just like all of my other routine appts. However, when the dr placed the doppler on my belly I knew that things didn't sound right. She immediately snatched the doppler off of my belly and asked me if I realized that I was having contractions. Well, I had no clue. Then we moved on to the thrills of the internal exam. Let me say it was excruciating. The dr couldn't find the baby's head, and freaked out thinking the baby is no longer "head down." She rushed out of the room and hurried back in with the u/s machine. Well, the baby is head down, but just not dropped as much as she could be. So, she resumed with the internal exam. Well, I'm already 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. My dr expects me to deliver the baby in two weeks or less. (I will have to give this post some more attention another time, since blogger is not allowing me to use the enter key or the tab key to begin new paragraphs, and this is already becoming a major mess.)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG- good luck! Can't wait to hear about your new little one.

7:24 PM  
Blogger Kellie said...

How exciting, Jennifer.

Blogger is acting up for me too. :(

Good luck!

7:22 AM  
Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

That is so awesome! I bet your excited! It's really going to happen! Congratulations!

8:59 AM  
Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

Hi! Wondering how everything is going? Hope you're well and so is Anastasia!

7:25 AM  
Blogger DominiSumus said...

Hi Jen and Anastasia,

Congratulations on your beautiful little girl. What a terrifying birth story.

Betty-Ann

5:45 PM  
Blogger Sunny Jenny said...

I've been trying to post on your "Meet Anastasia" post for awhile but it's not working! I just wanted to say Congratulations! I hope you enjoying this new joy!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home